How to Participate in “31Heroes”
The “31Heroes” WOD is an annual fundraiser put on by The 31Heroes Project to honor those killed in action on August 6, 2011 and raise funds for programs that support surviving families of all fallen military heroes. The proceeds will be given directly to these programs by The 31Heroes Project, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Over 430 gyms in 14 countries hosted the “31Heroes” WOD in our inaugural event, more than 10,000 people participated, and over $300,000 was raised. The following year we had close to 500 affiliates participating and raised another $300,000 for military families of the fallen.
If you would like to participate, please follow the steps below & sign up with your affiliate or one in your area.
Step 1: Find an Affiliate
- Ask your affiliate if they will be hosting “31Heroes” this year. If they don’t know about it, send them to our website! Also, tell them to consider joining forces with another local affiliate that may already be planning an event.
- To see if your affiliate (or one nearby) has registered, simply go to the list of participating affiliates and click on the “Register” link next to the gym where you’d like to compete. If you want to participant independently, click here
- All registrations and donations will be collected under the hosting affiliate’s name.
Step 2: Register
- Once you have confirmed that your affiliate is registered, select your affiliate from the drop down menu and complete the required information, including submitting your $31 registration donation. Your hosting affiliate must have already registered in order for you to register under their name. If you do not see their name on the drop down menu go back to Step 1.
- Shirts will be given on a first come, first serve basis. We have limited quantities (10,000 to be exact) and when they run out they run out!
- You spoke, we listened! Your shirt will be mailed directly to you! In order to make this happen and not take away from the fundraiser, you will be charged $6.00 to cover the shipping fees. Should we run out of shirts, you will not be charged that shipping fee.
- All registration fees will be donated to the 31Heroes Project.
- For the official rules of the WOD, click here.
Step 3: Spread the Word
- We have created a variety of materials for you to utilize to spread the word about your event. Click HERE to check our all the available downloads and tools.
- Share the registration link with other local CrossFitters. We love affiliate gatherings! What better excuse to get together & get to know other affiliates & their members, than a WOD honoring our heroes?
- Facebook is a great way to spread the word about “31Heroes.” How do you think this whole thing got started last year? Like our page and share it with your friends.
- Send an email or letter using this template to friends & family asking them to register or donate on your affiliate’s behalf.
- Ask your affiliate how you can help spread the word and volunteer on the day of the event.