How to Host a “31Heroes” Event…
The “31Heroes” WOD is an annual fundraiser put on by The 31Heroes Project to honor those killed in action on August 6, 2011 and raise funds for programs that support surviving families of all fallen military heroes. 100% of the proceeds will be given directly to these programs by The 31Heroes Project, a 501(c)3 provisional non-profit organization.
Over 430 gyms in 14 countries hosted the “31Heroes” WOD in our inaugural event, more than 10,000 people participated, and over $300,000 was raised. The following year we had close to 500 affiliates participating and raised another $300,000 for military families of the fallen.
If you are interested in hosting the “31Heroes” WOD on August 3, 2013, please utilize the following steps:
Step 1: Register Your Affiliate
- Sign up to host “31Heroes” HERE. There is no cost for affiliate registration.
- The event will take place on Saturday, August 3, 2013. Please provide the location and time of your event.
- If you will be gathering with other affiliates, please only register the gym that will be hosting.
- Consider sponsoring the event. $1000 tax-deductible donations gets your logo & link on our website, as well as a highlight on our Facebook page. Check out more details HERE.
Step 2: Participant Registration
- Your participants should register under your affiliate by filling out their registration form HERE
- The hosting affiliate will be provided a list of participants, as well as email addresses for easy event communication
- The WOD may be scaled to any level of experience and it is the responsibility of the hosting gym to provide scaling options.
- All registrations & donations will be collected under the host’s name, so you may see how much money your affiliate has raised.
- For the official rules of the “31Heroes” WOD click HERE
Step 3: Spread the Word
- We have created a variety of materials for you to utilize to spread the word about your event. Click HERE to check our all the available downloads and tools.
- Share the registration link with your affiliate member and other local affiliates. We love affiliate gatherings! What better excuse to get together & get to know other affiliates & their members, than a WOD honoring our heroes?!
- Facebook events are a great way to spread the word about your event. How do you think this whole thing got started last year? Ah, the power of social media.
- Send an email or letter using this template (link) to friends & family asking them to register or donate on your affiliate’s behalf.
- Add our Widget to your website or blog!
Step 4: Event Logistics
- Plan your event appropriately for your group size and location set up. If you do not have the proper equipment, substitute options can be found under the WOD Description and the FAQs
- Make it fun for spectators! BBQs, drinks, raffles, auctions, & live music are all fun ways to liven up the party and raising additional funds.
- Any donations collected on-site at your event can be tracked & given a receipt for. If you have cash to submit, it may be done through the donation link by selecting your affiliate from the drop down menu. Checks should be submitted by mail & the tracking form should be included. All collected donations should be submitted no later than August 15th.
Step 5: After the Event
- Submit all final donations to the 31Heroes Project, no later than August 15th. The top hosting affiliates will be announced August 25th.
- Send a Thank You! to all of your participants, volunteers, & community for supporting your event and the 31Heroes Project. Let them know the difference they are making in the lives of families that have given all for our country.